Friday, April 22, 2011

Jesus Culture :: Tickets to a False Anointing

FULL ARTICLE
" A few months ago, a group called Jesus Culture visited the UK. I knew a few folks who were attending and promoting their return, but I hadn’t heard of it and so I did a little digging and found they were linked to Bill Johnson and Bethel Church. Now Bill Johnson and Bethel Church, based in Redding, CA, I do know and so I intended to put up a blog post, warning people what was at stake. Well, in what I can only describe as a fit of cowardice, I didn’t post the piece I had written.

However, I received a link to a three-part documentary about all this which at once made me extremely sorrowful I didn’t speak out at the time. The following is a three-part documentary by Andrew Strom, a self-professed Charismatic (which fact becomes evident in the latter part of the third video) who, like myself, has seen that groups like Bethel Church and its youth arm, Jesus Culture, are not promoting Biblical Christianity in any shape or form. In fact, what is being promoted is deeply disturbing. Like I just said, Strom himself is Charismatic and does make some claims at the end of the third video, which I couldn’t possibly endorse. That said, I applaud for having the courage to speak up about this and for providing clear and uncompromisable proof that something is amiss in his own movement. And now, here’s the video:




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...