Monday, March 7, 2011

Jesus Culture Occultic Healing Practices

On the JesusCulture.Com website, David writes in his post, Mobile healing rooms,

I drove with some friends to Spokane, WA to visit the Healing Rooms and go to John G. Lake's grave. I had checked on the Healing Rooms website and found that they were closed that day, but we wanted to go anyway. After getting directions to the grave from one of the office staff we got back in my car and just sat in the parking lot for a few minutes asking God for an impartation. Finally I asked my friend if he was ready to go and so I had to decide which way to go to the cemetery. As I tried to decide whether to turn, going back the way we came, or to go straight, I noticed a woman straight ahead in an electric wheelchair. I thought that I should just turn so that nobody else in the car would see her and I would be off the hook, but after I looked again I realized that I couldn't just let her go, she needed an encounter with God!
So I drove off in her direction and then she was about to cross the street, so I turned so that I could try to meet her up the road somewhere. However, she stopped right across the street and I was stuck driving away without a place to turn around. I thought to myself sarcastically, "this is great, I am can't even track down this lady in a wheelchair." I finally found a place to turn around and am now starting to question myself."
For background on this post, see the following article, "John G. Lake and the Healing Rooms-False Teachings and Unbiblical Practices Exposed"


John G. Lake had this to say to his followers, back in the day.  These statements by John G. Lake are found in John G. Lake, His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith, 1995, Kenneth Copeland Publications:

 ”The power of God, the Holy Ghost, is the Spirit of Dominion.  It makes one a god.(Page 13)

“I want you to hear what Jesus said about himself.  God was in Christ, wasn’t He?  An incarnation.  God is in you, an incarnation, if you were born again.  You are incarnate"  (Ibid. page 196)

“"For God's purpose through Jesus Christ is to deify the nature of men and thus forever make them like unto, ... Thus he becomes the Son of god, a Savior and redeemer forever" (Ibid. page 304)

To note, many ministires are also warning about the cult doctrine of Prosperity Healing, Word Faith Teachings, Latter Rain Teachings, Dominion Theology, etc., that are being sold through the Healing Room International Ministries Online Bookstores, i.e., https://healingrooms.com/ - Patricia King, John and Carol Arnott, Todd Bentley, James Goll, Georgian Banov, Stacey Campbell, Joshua Mills, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, Kim Clement, Mike Bickle, and many, many more.
Touted as being Christian, one wonders how so many in the Healing Room Ministries International can reject sound Biblical theology and run headlong after subjective, experience based methodology and cultic teachings.  Unfortunately, many do not discern what is actually taking place, nor the extent of spiritual deception that John G. Lake and his followers were steeped in.  As the articles listed on this page reveal, Scripture clearly refutes the teachings and practices that fuel the Healing Room Ministries International, and other like-minded ministries.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...